Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Guiltless Goodies: Valentine's Day LUSH-iousness

Hi all!

I'm a little bit cynical about Valentine's Day (did I say little bit? When I say that I mean, very), but I understand that there are millions of loved-up couples out there who aren't, so this post is for them.

LUSH, an all-natural, cruelty-free store which challenges the olfactory senses every time you enter, has some great products on the menu for Valentine's Day treats. In the days when I wasn't so bitter and cynical and celebrated Valentine's Day with my then-boyfriend, we bought some products from LUSH so I can assure you these recommendations are tried and tested.

Vanilla Scoop
This goody bag of items all have one thing in common: you guessed it - vanilla. I personally am not a big fan of food scents on my body but I know some people just go nuts for ice cream flavoured body lotion or chocolate mud wraps, so this would be the ideal gift for a girlfriend or - hey, why not? - boyfriend who is so inclined.

Containing Vanilla Dee-Lite (body lotion), vanilla-scented puff powder for the body, Vanillary fragrance and a vanilla fountain bath bomb, this kit covers all the bases. If you know what I mean.


Be Mine
This kit contains a Honey Trap lip balm, Flying Fox shower gel and Soft Coeur massage bar. LUSH's massage bars are genius - they look and feel, at first, like soap, but when they are used to massage the skin the body's heat melts the bar into a cross between massage oil and body lotion. This one is chocolate and honey scented, so again, works well for those who like a culinary twist to their body products.

True Love
In an elegant heart-shaped box, this gift is packed with goodies. Touted as "everything you need for a romantic night in", the box includes: Love Soap (a sparkly heart-shaped soap scented with jasmine, clary sage and ylang ylang), Vanilla Dee-Lite body lotion, Yummy Yummy Yummy shower gel (strawberry-scented), Sex Bomb bath bomb and the return of the massage bar with Heavanilli, a vanilla-scented massage bar. You can't really go wrong with this selection; there's enough variety for everyone to end up ...well, satisfied.

                                 

So for all you happy couples out there, Happy Valentine's Day - ignore my cynicism, head to LUSH and have yourself a great night :-).

Proving you don't have to be cruel to be kind,
GiGi

1 comment: