Sunday, November 15, 2009

Guiltless Goodies: Fair Isle cardigans are yum for winter warmth



Hi all!

I love cardigans; they've always been a weakness. Living in the Caribbean, the one thing I do miss is the chance to wear these knits more often, but they are a staple when I travel. Wraps, scarves, pashimnas, cardigans ... but especially Fair Isle-print cardis.


You don't have to be cruel to be kind,
GiGi


Wear with leggings, a light turtleneck sweater underneath and knee-high boots a la Kate Hudson:




People Style Watch's November issue featured a few that were sported by celebs in recent months and I have featured a few from their selection plus a couple of my own below - all sold or made by fur-free retailers/designers. Wrap up with these Ideal Investments!

Eddie Bauer's "Owl Creek" merino wool-lambswool cardigan, $99 ($109 for tall version), eddiebauer.com:




The Gap's Fair Isle hooded sweater - for those of you who want the traditional type of sweater in this cozy hoodie, $98, gap.com:



Urban Outfitters Fair Isle cardigan (seen on Diane Kruger), urbanoutfitters.com:




Victoria's Secret Fair Isle cardigan on Vanessa Hudgens, victoriassecret.com:


4 comments:

  1. What season is this VS fair isle sweater from? I can't seem to locate it on the site and when I called the Customer Service no one seemed to know of it? PELASE helps! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardigan is from a previous season, though which one I'm not sure. I will get in touch with them and try and find out for you. Stay posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is from a previous season but Victoria's Seecret does not have access to their old websites and are unable to specify which season it was from. However, they implied that there is a chance the Fair Isle cardigan will be brought back - so they said to keep tabs on their website. Alternatively, try Ebay? I will also keep my eye out for otehr stores that are fur-free and might sell a similar-looking cardigan (I love this grey look too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca Taylor have some grey Fair Isle cardis that are similar in print and style. Check this one out: http://estore.rebeccataylor.com/estore/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=42&selection=2

    ReplyDelete