Thursday, October 22, 2009

Guiltless Goodies: AVON beauty buys are Bargain Buys!

Hi all!

AVON's make-up items are one of its best-kept secrets. However, with spokesmodels like Lauren Conrad (for its mark line) and Reese Witherspoon, its make-up probably won't be secret for long. It always surprises me because, at the prices you pay for it, I always expect it to be fairly low-quality. And yet, as I said before, the brow pencil is one of my make-up bag must-haves (I included it below in case anyone was curious).

See my fave picks from the newest catalogue below. I haven't tried all of these but some of them look too cool not to feature!


You don't have to be cruel to be kind,
GiGi


This eyeshadow glides on cool with a smooth applicator but lasts for hours. Looks super cool! The shades are beautiful too - try Waterfall for a crisp blue or Bronze for a flattering-for-every-eye-colour shade.



Perfect Wear Extra-lasting Powder Eyeshadow, in bronze, champagne, coral beat, mocha, pearl, soft mint, steel, sunshine and waterfall, $8, Avon.com

I'm not one of those people who ever really looks for a mascara to thicken or curl my lashes - thicken? What's the point? I never understood that. And as for curling - well, isn't that what eyelash curlers are for? No, I always want them to make them unbelievably long. And that's something this mascara claims to do (it says they can look up to 65% longer) - but please note, I haven't tried this one myself...YET...


Astonishing lengths mascara in brown, brown-black or black, $7.50, AVON.com

These next two products make at-home manicures a breeze...though note that the corrector pen doesn't last too long. I LOVE the smell of the quick dry spray though, don't ask me why! (It works great too!)




Nail Experts liquid freeze quick dry spray, $6, Avon.com



Nail Experts Neat Nails nail enamel corrector pen, $6, Avon.com

Back on the topic of mascara, this new Avon product (I haven't tried it) looks perfect for those rushed morning mascara jobs which leave more of it on your eyelids than your eyelashes...


MistakeProof Mascara, $9.50, Avon.com

I just thought these were a great idea - you can never have too many nail files lying around and how cute are they for gift tags for the holiday season? Plus, at this introductory price they really could be gift tags...

Gift tag nail files, $0.99 each for a limited time (regularly $1.99), Avon.com

And saving my favourite product for last, it is my can't-live-without brow liner. It sounds like such a simple product but it's actually remarkably hard to find a brow liner that will give you an accurate shade while not being too heavy or too light. Obviously-drawn-on or filled-in brows are never a good look. This one gives just the right amount of pigment. Myself, I use the dark brown shade but there are lighter and darker shades for those who need them. Heck, at this low price, buy all shades and experiment till you find your best match. Maybe it's blending two together?





Ultra Luxury brow liner in blonde, light golden brown, dark brown and soft black, $5, Avon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment