Thursday, October 22, 2009

Icky Institutions: Companies' responses to the question: "Do you still test on animals?"

Hi all:

I sent out a number of emails to representatives from the companies currently on my "Companies that test on animals list" which I blogged here. I had to take into account that although these companies were corroborated by multiple online sources, things change fast in the corporate world, so I wanted to give each company a chance to respond.

A number have responded - quickly, to their merit - and I will shortly be posting those in posts separated by company.

As a note, please feel free to still use that original blog post as a guideline when shopping. What I am doing is linking each company's name to the blog post where I have posted their response. That way, when you are curious about a specific company you can read the words directly from their mouths and decide what you will. Some people refuse to have anything to do with companies that test on animals - even if it is "required by law" because there is no other alternative.

Many, myself included, believe that this is false. Animals have a totally different biological system than humans, so often animal testing is of little use anyway. But others appreciate that companies are trying their best not to unnecessarily test on animals. Many of the responses I got were from companies that stated they avoided testing unless absolutely necessary. For me, this says that they still do when they deem "necessary", which is enough to put me off, but, as I said, it's up to each of you to make your own decisions. I just want to ensure I provide you with the information to make those decisions as best you can!


You don't have to be cruel to be kind,
GiGi

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog, it's very useful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete